Today I filled out my NCAA bracket. Since I don’t really know what I’m doing, I decided instead of pitting team against team, I'd pit mascot against mascot.
At the time of writing this:
- Terrapins beat Wildcats (evil snapping turtle has a hard shell to protect against the cunning cat)
- Eagles beat Red Raiders (I figured they’d win since they aren’t just Raiders, but Red Raiders)
- Cardinals beat Cardinal (Red bird or drunk tree, of course I assumed the drunk tree would win)
- Cougars beat Eagles (I have a thing for cats)
- Hoyas beat Bruins (Oscar de la Hoya could beat anyone)
- Bulldogs beat Monarchs (not like the butterfly)
- Aggies beat Quakers (I should have known, they are pacifists)
- Commodores beat Colonials (Lionel Ritchie anyone?)
What’s with all of the schools with Wildcat (or Wild Cat?) mascots? 6 teams! 6! Way to be creative.